as it should be –
Senior College is learning in a relaxed, non-competitive setting. I love that!
Information: "CourseStorm" and 2021 Spring Classes
After all the changes we've had to endure this year, York County Senior College thought we'd add another. We are excited, proud and pleased to announce our arrival into the 21st century with our transition to a totally online registration system! "CourseStorm".
From a Maine based software company located in Orono, "CourseStorm" is the new, cloud-based, "impossibly simple" registration software program that we are adopting. It is an easy-to-use, all in one class registration and secure payment processing system, and will be launched very soon to be used for the upcoming spring semester, future courses and events..
With CourseStorm you will enjoy the benefits of:
- Easy online access to information on classes being offered
- Ease of access whether computer, tablet or smartphone
- Simple online registration and payment via credit card
- Immediate email confirmation of enrollment in the course and of payment
- Email reminder just prior to Course start date
- If a class is full and registration closed, a waiting list is available
- Email notification if a course is cancelled
- If a course is cancelled before it begins, or you cancel your registration prior to the start date, a credit card refund happens easily, or you may elect to transfer to another course
- CourseStorm's cart makes it easy to register for more than one class for yourself, and/or register for yourself and another member at one time
As an all volunteer organization, this is a much needed advancement for YCSC, particularly in this brave new world of online classes dictated by the pandemic. This is a huge change for all of us and we ask for your continued support as we persevere. There are sure to be questions and glitches as with any change, but we will be available to assist. Watch for the official Spring Semester announcement next week which will include our line-up of spring classes and the CourseStorm access information for our registration site.
- You must be an active member of Senior College in order to register for a class. If you paid your dues for the 2019-2020 year, we have extended your membership to cover the 2020-2021 year. If you were not a member for 2019-2020, please include your $25 membership fee with your registration.
Gift Idea for a favorite Senior on your list? Gift Certificates for York County Senior College classes may be purchased at University of Maine/Augusta, Saco Center, 4 Scamman St., Ste. #18, Saco, ME 04072. Minimum amount $25.00.
Need more information? Call the YCSC automated line (282-4030) and a volunteer from the Communications Committee will return your call.