as it should be –
Senior College is learning in a relaxed, non-competitive setting. I love that!
Information About Winter 2021 Classes
After all the changes we've had to endure this year, York County Senior College
thought we'd add a few more - all, of course, via Zoom! Traditionally, our Gary
Sullivan Lecture Series has been our sole winter offering. This winter we're
featuring a mixed offering of Courses, Lectures, and the so needed Social time! Quite a line-up to help us all stay occupied and interested over the coming
lonnngggg winter season ahead, while we continue to social distance and pray for vaccine, spring and some day - normalcy.
There are 3 segments to our winter offerings. In hopes of avoiding confusion, this message is a 'preview of coming attractions', to be followed by individual announcements for the respective segments which will be sent during the next week.
- Multiple Week Courses - 2 courses are to be offered which will begin in the week of January 4 for Senior College members at the standard $25 fee. Course descriptions and registration information to follow shortly.
- Lecture Series - will be held via Zoom this year with some changes. There will be 7 lectures - 1 per day held the 2nd and 3rd Wednesdays of January, February & March at 3:00 PM for 90 minutes. However, February will have a 3rd lecture. The bonus for this winter - the lectures are free!
- Social Series - Free to all!
Bring a Book to Zoom - a Winter Interim with Arlene Jackson - the 1st Wednesday of January, February and March. Tea & Talk - a social time to meet with friends, chat, drink tea (or . . ?) Thursday afternoons 4:30 to 5:30 for 8 weeks.
- All registrations must be mailed to us via Post Office regular mail.
- Payment for classes can only be by check.
- Many of you have credit with YCSC due to the cancelled Spring classes, which you may apply against the current enrollment.
- You must be an active member of Senior College in order to register for a class. If you paid your dues for the 2019-2020 year, we have extended your membership to cover the 2020-2021 year. If you were not a member for 2019-2020, please include your $25 membership fee with your registration.
Gift Idea for a favorite Senior on your list? Gift Certificates for York County Senior College classes may be purchased at University of Maine/Augusta, Saco Center, 4 Scamman St., Ste. #18, Saco, ME 04072. Minimum amount $25.00.
Need more information? Call the YCSC automated line (282-4030) and a volunteer from the Communications Committee will return your call.