as it should be –
Senior College is learning in a relaxed, non-competitive setting. I love that!
We continue to use a totally online registration system called "CourseStorm". From a Maine based software company located in Orono, "CourseStorm" is the new, cloud-based, "impossibly simple" registration software program that we have adopted. It is an easy-to-use, course announcements, all in one class registration and secure payment processing system.
With CourseStorm you will enjoy the benefits of:
- Easy online access to information on classes being offered
- Ease of access whether computer, tablet or smartphone
- Simple online registration and payment via credit card
- Immediate email confirmation of enrollment in the course and of payment
- Email reminder just prior to Course start date
- If a class is full and registration closed, a waiting list is available
- Email notification if a course is cancelled
- If a course is cancelled before it begins, or you cancel your registration prior to the start date, a credit card refund happens easily, or you may elect to transfer to another course
- CourseStorm's cart makes it easy to register for more than one class for yourself, and/or register for yourself and another member at one time
As an all volunteer organization, this is a much needed advancement for YCSC, particularly in this brave new world of online classes dictated by the pandemic. Watch for the upcoming official Semester announcements that will include our line-up of classes and the CourseStorm access information for our registration site.
The 2023 spring class schedule will be posted soon. In the meantime, visit our courses and sites page to view the winter 2023 offerings and get started with CourseStorm.
- You must be an active member of Senior College in order to register for a class. If not already registered for 2023, please include your $25 membership fee with your course registration on CourseStorm. If you prefer to pay by check, download and mail this form.
Gift Idea for a favorite Senior on your list? Gift Certificates for York County Senior College classes may be purchased at University of Maine/Augusta, Saco Center, 4 Scamman St., Ste. #18, Saco, ME 04072. Minimum amount $25.00.
Need more information? Call the YCSC automated line (282-4030) and a volunteer from the Communications Committee will return your call.